Interested in writing for us and spreading the word about your own work? We welcome guest submissions! Here are some guidelines for the content we like to share on our blog.
- Make it concise. People don't typically read excessively long blog content, so please try to keep your submission around 750 words or fewer. If you have a lot to say, consider breaking it down into multiple posts for a blog series.
- Make it digestible. Sometimes you need a lot of words to say what you want to say. In those cases, try making your content more scannable and digestible. Use lists, break up content with headings and subheadings, and display content visually where possible.
- Make it stand out. There’s a ton of content on the internet. Blog posts that earn high readership do so because they have headlines that make the reader want to read in the first place, and open with a hook that make readers want to continue reading. Think about headlines and hooks that pique curiosity, make bold claims or ask interesting questions.
- Make it shareable. Posts on our blog are optimized for sharing; social share buttons on each post make it easy to garner more attention for your content. Take this to the next level by embedding links to your social media profiles.
- Make it memorable. The best posts are those that make the reader want to talk about the content with a friend: “I was reading this blog post the other day that really made me think about x.” You can make your content memorable by stating and defending an opinion, sharing timely news or information, or explaining something that is worth understanding.
Steps for Submitting Great Content
- Submit your content as an attachment via email to email@example.com.
- Include a high-resolution photo and a 1-2 sentence biographical sketch so we can introduce you to our readers.
By submitting content, you are indicating that you understand that Prosperity Now reserves the right to make edits to the article copy. You also agree that we may include the following language with the published material: This post is from a Guest Contributor and does not necessarily reflect the views of Prosperity Now, its staff or its partners.